The Yaesu FTM-400XDE is a Duoband transceiver for 144/430 MHz with the new C4FM/FDMA Digital Mode.
- The V/D mode transmits voice and data at the same time slot. In this time slot in addition to the voice data, the GPS data, the ID data is sent together. These data includes the call data for error correction and stabilize the Voice transmissione. The V/D Mode is the basic mode in C4FM FDMA digital amateur radio
- The Data FR Mode is for full rate Data Transmission. The transfer of large amounts of data such as text messages, pictures and voice notes is in this mode done at twice the speed compared to the V/D mode.
- The Voice FR Mode use the full rate for Voice Transmission in high quality. Thus, the transmission does sound very clearly and naturally.
- In addition to the digital mode, the FTM-400 can also use analog FM. This mode allows the normal FM operation.
The transmitter operates on the 2m and 70cm with an output power of max. 50W, which can be reduced to 20 W or 5W.
Since autumn 2015 Yaesu has introduced the FTM-400XDE. The differences to the earlier available FTM-400DE are an improved GPS receiver with with 66 channels, which offers a shorter time to first fix (TTF). Further the FTM-400XDE will be equipped with a small, easy to open cap on the top, allowing quick and easy firmware upgrades without opening the radio as before.
- 3,5 inch Touchdisplay
- 500 Memory channel for each band (A/B)
- Backup settings to SD card possible
- 1200/9600bps APRS
- Automatic Mode Selection
- Snapshot function (with MH-85A11U)
- Wide band receiver
- integrated GPS receiver
- Smart Navigation
- DTMF, CTCSS, DCS
- Slot for Micro-SD
- Analog/Digital clock
- Main unit
- Control unit
- Separation cable 380cm
- MH-48A6J DTMF Microphone
- Mounting bracket for main unit
- Mounting bracket for control unit
- SCU-20 Data Cable USB
- Power cable
- Operation Manual